8 Ways to prepare your home for WinterMay 28th, 2020 Uncategorized
As the nation slowly prepares to emerge from the slumber imposed by CoVid-19, it is the perfect time to prepare your home for the challenges you may encounter during an Australian Winter. An Australian Winter can create an array of safety concerns due to the wild storms, severe rainfall and freezing temperatures.
Here are our top tips to get your home Winter ready!
- Check for mould taking care to thoroughly inspect rooms such as Bathroom, Laundry and Kitchens.
- Clean out and repair damaged roof tiles, gutters and drains to prevent leaks in the roof whilst ensuring drainage is not compromised in the event that there is a heavy downpour.
- Inspect and replace any damaged seals on doors and windows around the property to ensure your home is well insulated to maximise energy efficiency.
- Clean and replace Air vents and Filters to avoid spreading dust and allergens. Vents and Filters should be checked and cleaned often. This will optimise the efficiency of your heating and cooling systems.
- Test Electrical Appliances, it is imperative that you check that smoke alarms, electric blankets and external heaters are in proper working order.
- Check Emergency Supplies such as candles, battery’s, torch’s first aid supplies, blankets are ready in working order.
- Trim back any trees and bushes in close proximity to your home and or garage to avoid potential damage to cars and windows during high winds.
- Placing rugs on bare floors not only increases the warmth of the home but makes the space more inviting.